Callister’s Ferry
Near this spot Henry Callister, Merchant, operated a rope and raft ferry across the Chester River during the 1750’s and 1760’s. Well into the next century the crossing at Crumpton continued to be known as “Callister’s Ferry.” It served as an important link in early overland transportation on the upper Eastern Shore.
Marker is on Crumpton Road (Maryland Route 290), on the left when traveling north.
Courtesy hmdb.org