Casa de Armijo
Built in 1706 and occupied for many generations by the Armijo family who were prominent in local history. This hacienda was gay with social life.
During the turmoil of the early settlement the Mexican, Spanish and American Civil War occupation it was used as a fort and a refuge.
Later, still occupied by the Armijo family, portions were used as an early trading post.
In 1930 it was restored from a ruin to its present condition and remodeled in conformity with its old character.
Marker is at the intersection of San Felipe St., NW and S Plaza St NW, on the right when traveling north on San Felipe St., NW.
Courtesy hmdb.org