Caughey's Mill
In 1808 Samuel Caughey bought from Peter Crowl 15 acres of land house stables and saw mill for 1200 dollars here on the Little Beaver. In 1812 he built a grist mill. He gave it to sons James and Samuel Jr in 1820. It was in operation until 1876.
Marker is on Wallace Run Road (Pennsylvania Route 551) 0.2 miles east of Darlington Road (Pennsylvania Route 168/551), on the right when traveling west.
Courtesy hmdb.org