Collier's Mill

150 ft. down stream, on the right bank of Tanyard Branch, stood an ante-bellum grist mill built & operated by Andrew J. Collier, pioneer resident of this area. (1827-1887).

A notable landmark at the time of the Battle of Peachtree Creek - July 20, 1864.

It stood, not only at the center of Federal troop alignment along Collier Rd., but was the storm-center of the conflict that raged here, since the stream valley was a strategic approach to the Federal center toward which the Confederate forces (Walthall’s & Loring’s divisions of Stewart’s Corps) made their heaviest attacks.

Marker is at the intersection of Collier Road NW and Redland Road NW, on the right when traveling west on Collier Road NW.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB