Dr. James Pyatt
1784 - 1864
Dr. James Pyatt (1784-1864) operated the Upper Boars Head Tavern on this site from 1805-1839. He farmed extensive holdings in the area and practised medicine as well as making the rounds of his patients on horseback. His son, King, kept the tavern until 1842. He later perished in a fire which consumed the structure October 5, 1895.
Marker is on County Route 579 near Plum Brook Road, on the right when traveling south.
Courtesy hmdb.org