Evergreen on the Falls
National Register of Historic Places
Surveyed for John Walsh in 1754, large square cupola once crowned brick mansion. Built in Italianate style c.1860 by Henry Snyder. Leased after 1864 to James Hooper, owner of Meadow Mill. Estate was sold in 1870 to David Carroll, co-owner of Mount Vernon Mills. Acquired by Maryland Society for prevention of Cruelty to Animals in 1926. Granite structure, 1860 was valve house for Hampton Reservoir (filled with earth from Jones Falls Expressway Excavation.)
Marker is on Falls Road (Maryland Route 25) 0.1 miles south of 36th Street, on the right when traveling south.
Courtesy hmdb.org