First Cedar Point Road

This was one of the first concrete roads built in Ohio. When Cedar Point opened for the 1913 season, it was the access road. The road extended one mile north to the water and six miles west along the lake's unstable sandspit, which was destroyed by storms closing the road in 1919. The entrance was then relocated two miles to the west.

Marker is on Cleveland Road West (U.S. 6) 0.6 miles west of Rye Beach Road (Local Highway 122).

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB