Fort Adair

Established in 1788, this fort was

used as a depot of supplies for

the Cumberland Guard, the militia

organization which supplied armed

protection for parties of emigrants

to the Cumberland Settlements,

later the town of Nashborough,

now Nashville

Marker is on North Broadway Street (U.S. 441) 0.1 miles north of Adair Drive, on the right when traveling south.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB