Fort Swatara
Originally built by Peter Hedrick, 1755. The stockaded blockhouse was improved in early 1756 by Capt. Frederick Smith to guard Swatara Gap and protect the frontier settlements. Site is on Fort Swatara Drive about half a mile from this intersection.
Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 72 and Bohns Lane, on the right when traveling south on State Highway 72.
Courtesy hmdb.org