Glencoe Mill
1880 - 82
Incorporated in 1880 by James H. and William E. Holt, sons of textile pioneer E. M. Holt. The last water-powered textile mill developed by the Holts. Produced napped cotton cloth, flannels and woven plaids. Employed as many as 500 workers at its height. Closed in 1954. Acquired by Preservation North Carolina in 1997.
Marker is on Glencoe Street, on the right when traveling west.
Courtesy hmdb.org