House of Divine Worship
Erected in 1823
The Illinois General Assembly donated five lots in Vandalia to promote the construction of a church for the use of all denominations. The forty-five by sixty feet one-story frame structure erected in the summer of 1823 was used primarily by the Presbyterians and Methodists and also for public meetings and as a schoolhouse.
Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Kennedy Boulevard (U.S. 51), on the right when traveling west on Main Street.
Courtesy hmdb.org