Jackson
In 1848, was a village of huts and tents called
"BOTTILEAS”
by the Mexicans from the bottles strewn about by those who tarried here.
In 1849, it was named
JACKSON
for Colonel Jackson an early day resident.
In 1853, Amador County was carved out of
Calaveras County and Jackson
became its County Seat.
In 1886, The Order of
NATIVE DAUGHTERS OF THE GOLDEN WEST
was founded here and to commemorate
the semi-centennial year of the order
this monument is erected and dedicated
Marker can be reached from State Highway 49.
Courtesy hmdb.org