Jones Grocery Store

1875

Joseph Spurgeon Jones (1845-1928) built the original store that at the time was in the Little Yadkin Township, a part of Yadkin County. In 1914, his son, Will A. Jones (1871-1940), moved the store across the road east of its present location. After a disastrous robbery in 1926, Will built the present structure, which included a residence. Three generations of the Jones family ran the store for a century. Subsequent owners include James and Frances Vaughn Gough.

Marker can be reached from the intersection of Shallowford Road and Scott Road, on the right when traveling east.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB