Judge Glover's Home
This house, used as headquarters by General William T. Sherman on February 12, 1865, was built in 1846 by Thomas Worth Glover (1798-1884), Teacher, Lawyer, Legislator, Circuit Judge, and Signer of the Ordinance of Secession. The house has been remodeled several times. It fronted originally on Russell Street.
Marker is on Whitman Street, on the left when traveling east.
Courtesy hmdb.org