Mahlon Stacy’s Grist Mill
Trenton’s first industry. Built near here in 1679. Heirs sold mill and 800 acres to William Trent after 1704. He replaced it with a larger mill which continued under successive owners until 1828. Later converted to a cotton, and then to a paper mill. The structure was carried away by a flood in 1843.
Marker is on South Broad Street 0.2 miles south of Lafayette Street, on the right when traveling north.
Courtesy hmdb.org