Mill-Wright's House 1762
This small cellar, like many in Bethabara, was beneath a larger house. Stone steps and a place for wooden steps both into the cellar, show access from the inside and outside the house.
"Toward the end of May our mill-dam was swept away by a flood, but the mill was not injured, and by the aid of our neighbors... the dam was soon replaced, so that our mill could speedily run again..."
Bethabara Memorabilia of 1764.
Marker can be reached from Bethabara Road, on the right when traveling east.
Courtesy hmdb.org