Miller-Claytor House
This building formerly stood at Eighth and Church streets. It now stands one block north. It was built by John Miller about 1791. Thomas Wiatt bought the house, long known as the “Mansion House.” Samuel Claytor purchased it in 1825. For many years doctors' offices were here. For ninety years the house was owned by the Page family. The Lynchburg Historical Society moved and restored it.
Marker is at the intersection of Rivermont Avenue and Ash Street, on the right when traveling west on Rivermont Avenue.
Courtesy hmdb.org