Millers
As a result of the mining excitement at Tonopah in 1901 and subsequent construction of the Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad, Millers was founded in 1904 as a station and watering stop on that line. The name honors Charles R. Miller, a director of the railroad and former Governor of Delaware. He was also Vice President of the Tonopah Mining Company and was instrumental in having their 100-stamp cyanide mill build here in 1906. In 1907 the town boomed with the construction of the T & G R.R.'s repair shops and another large mill. The population grew to 274 in 1910. The town then boasting a business district and post office. By 1911, the railroad shops and a mill had been moved away, and Millers began to decline. It was abandoned in 1947 when the railroad went out of business.
State Historical Marker No. 101
Nevada State Park System
American Legion, Nevada Dept.
Marker can be reached from Highway 6.
Courtesy hmdb.org