Onojutta Juniata Achsinnink Standing Stone

Erected Sept. 8th 1896

as a memorial

of the ancient

Standing Stone

Removed by the

Indians in 1754<

——————

"The Standing Stone"

Symbol of Huntingdon

Rededicated March 29, 1996

in conjunction with the opening to

the bicentennial celebration

In memory of those who have come and gone,

and in honor of those here now and

those who are yet to come.

Marker is at the intersection of William Smith Street and Penn Street (Pennsylvania Route 26), in the median on William Smith Street.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB