Parish Church of St. George, Dorchester

St. George's, an Anglican parish, was erected in 1717. A brick church 50 ft. long and 30 ft. wide with a chancel 15 by 5 feet, begun in August 1719, was enlarged in the 1730's. The tower was built before 1753 and in 1766 held four bells. Burned by the British in the Revolution, the church was partially repaired and used afterwards, but as the congregation moved away, it fell into decay.

Marker is on State Park Road, on the right when traveling south.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB