Pioneer Cemetery
of Brookfield
Burial place of Yankee and English settlers. It was first called Dixon or East Side Cemetery.
This was also the site of the first Dixon school house, which was burned and relocated south of North Avenue in the 1860’s.
This land was deeded by John Dixon in 1850. It was operated by the Brookfield Cemetery Association in 1851. The name was changed to Pioneer Cemetery in 1854.
Marker is on Pilgrim Square Parkway 0.1 miles north of West North Avenue, on the left when traveling north.
Courtesy hmdb.org