Site of Sunny Acres

ca. early 1930's

Built by Miss Anna Ogburn of Winston-Salem, a Methodist philanthropist and benefactor. The large 200-foot long house was originally used as a country retreat for underprivileged children and as a Methodist Church conference center. Later Sunny Acres was used as a community center to house a doctor's office and other businesses. It was the site of the first location of the Lewisville Branch of the Forsyth County Public Library.

Marker is at the intersection of Shallowford Road and Williams Road, on the right when traveling south on Shallowford Road.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB