St. Paul’s Church

St. Paul’s was begun in 1891 to serve local ice & quarry workers. Land was donated by John McGuiness, quarry owners donated the brick. The 1st Mass was on Easter, 1894. The old post office, bought for $485, became the rectory. St. Paul’s School began in 1961. After fire destroyed the old church, a new one was erected in 1969. A renovation was begun in 2005 and completed in 2006. St. Paul’s now serves nearly 3,000 families.The Mitlof Family

“Lest we forget”

Marker is at the intersection of Lake Road (County Route 80) and Hemenway Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Lake Road.

Courtesy hmdb.org

Credits and Sources:

HMDB