The Congregation in Frederick
circa 1745 - Founded by German Reformed settlers led by schoolmaster John Thomas Schley, the Founder of Frederick City.
1934 - Became part of the The Evangelical and Reformed Church a Merger of the Evangelical Synod and German Reformed Church
1957 - Affiliated with The United Church of Christ At the Union of the E&R Church and the Congregational Churches.
Houses of Worship
1743 - Log Church south of Thurmont in the Monocacy settlement shared with the German Lutehrans and the Moravians
Schley's Schoolhouse used as our first Frederick location
1748 - Wooden Church built on West Patrick Street lot
1763 - Stone Church built - Rebuilt in 1881 as "Trinity Chapel" retaining the original 1763 Tower and the 1807 Steeple.
1848 - Present Greek Revival Church Building erected interior remodeled 1891-1912 to enable "High Church" worship.
Placed by the Congregation in Thanksgiving to God in our 250th Anniversary Year - 1995
Marker is on West Church Street, on the left when traveling east.
Courtesy hmdb.org