The Falls Church
The first church on this site was built in 1734 and was in Truro Parish. George Washington was elected a vestryman, October 3, 1763. In 1765 the church fell within the newly created Fairfax Parish, of which Washington was chosen a vestryman. The present church was built in 1768. It was used as a recruiting station in the Revolution and as a stable by Union troops, 1862-65.
Marker is at the intersection of East Fairfax Street and South Washington Street (County Route 237), on the right when traveling north on East Fairfax Street.
Courtesy hmdb.org