Tulloch’s Mill
In the late 1850’s David Loche built Knight’s Ferry’s first flour mill. It was destroyed by the flood of 1862, and a second new mill was built here by David Tulloch.
A dam upstream diverted water to a water wheel which turned the millstones.
Before the turn of the century, Charles Tulloch, David’s son, converted the flour mill into a hydroelectric plant. This plant provided electrical power for the surrounding countryside until the late 1920’s.
Marker can be reached from Knights Ferry Road.
Courtesy hmdb.org