William T. Miller Grist Mill
Stonemasons Joe E. Bishop, "Rocky" Davis, and "Old Frank" Hamilton built this 2-story native stone mill for William T. Miller (1846-1936) in 1882. Steam power was used to grind grain here until a crude oil engine was installed (1918). The grist mill was converted to feed production after W. M. Wright and his son-in-law, Ted C. Robbins, purchased it in 1926. In 1974 Robbins and his wife gave the structure to the Dublin Historical Society as a museum for W. M. Wright Historical Park.
[Adjacent DAR marker reads]:
William T. Miller Grist Mill
Built in 1882
Presented for continuous service and preservation of history by the Henry Downs Chapter, Texas State Society
Daughters of the American Revolution
1981.
Marker is on South Park Street 0 miles north of West Elm Street, on the left when traveling north.
Courtesy hmdb.org